Online Training: Laboratory Orientation and Testing of Body Fluids and Tissues for Forensic Analysts
This course provides information in the two lessons:
Laboratory Orientation. Addresses basic procedures, safety requirements, and the laboratory's quality assurance program(s).
Testing of Body Fluids and Tissues. An overview of historical and contemporary techniques used to characterize body tissues. Some techniques are still used in the examination of body fluids, while knowledge of others, such as ABO and multi-enzyme systems, is of value if old cases are opened for review.
Taking the Course
Starting the course. Select the top link in the navigation on the right.
Navigating the course. We recommend you go through the course page-by-page using the Forward and Back buttons at the bottom of the page. You may skip around and select lessons using the navigation on the right.
PDF Version of this Course
There is a PDF version of this course available. View the Full Course PDF version.
Information addressed in this interactive training program is delivered in two modules. Select a module below to begin.
|Testing of Body Fluids & Tissues|
Additional Online Courses
- What Every First Responding Officer Should Know About DNA Evidence
- Collecting DNA Evidence at Property Crime Scenes
- DNA – A Prosecutor’s Practice Notebook
- Crime Scene and DNA Basics
- Laboratory Safety Programs
- DNA Amplification
- Population Genetics and Statistics
- Non-STR DNA Markers: SNPs, Y-STRs, LCN and mtDNA
- Firearms Examiner Training
- Forensic DNA Education for Law Enforcement Decisionmakers
- What Every Investigator and Evidence Technician Should Know About DNA Evidence
- Principles of Forensic DNA for Officers of the Court
- Law 101: Legal Guide for the Forensic Expert
- Laboratory Orientation and Testing of Body Fluids and Tissues
- DNA Extraction and Quantitation
- STR Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Communication Skills, Report Writing, and Courtroom Testimony
- Español for Law Enforcement
- Amplified DNA Product Separation for Forensic Analysts