NIJ offers free, self-paced online courses.
Step 1: Register once to take any of these courses.
Step 2: Review the course list below and select a title to learn more, login and start the course.
See a playlist of animations and videos from these training courses.
- Firearms Examiner Training
- What Every First Responding Officer Should Know About DNA Evidence
- What Every Investigator and Evidence Technician Should Know About DNA Evidence
- Collecting DNA Evidence at Property Crime Scenes
- Espanol for Law Enforcement
- Forensic DNA Education for Law Enforcement Decisionmakers
- Principles of Forensic DNA for Officers of the Court
- DNA — A Prosecutor's Practice Notebook
- Law 101: Legal Guide for the Forensic Expert
- Crime Scene and DNA Basics for Forensic Analysts
- Laboratory Orientation and Testing of Body Fluids and Tissues
- Laboratory Safety Programs
- DNA Extraction and Quantitation
- DNA Amplification
- Amplified DNA Product Separation
- STR Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Population Genetics and Statistics
- Communication Skills, Report Writing, and Courtroom Testimony
- Non-STR DNA Markers: SNPs, Y-STRs, LCN and mtDNA