The "Five Things" series distills what we know from years of rigorous scientific inquiry. It summarizes an abundance of research, analysis, testing and evaluation so you can see how science applies to the decisions you make every day in the field.
Use the Five Things to advance justice and safety in your communities, give your decisions greater impact, and lower your costs overall. Read the Five Things or learn more about the research behind them:
- Five Things About Juvenile Delinquency Intervention and Treatment, March 2022
- Five Things About Substance Abuse Interventions, January 2022
- Five Things About School-Based Violence Prevention and Intervention Programs, November 2021
- Five Things About Violence Against American Indian and Alaska Native Women and Men, November 2016
- Five Things About Deterrence, June 2016
- Five Things About Sexual Assault Kits, April 2015
- Five Things Law Enforcement Executives Can Do To Make a Difference, March 2013
The content on this page is not intended to create, does not create, and may not be relied upon to create any rights, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by any party in any matter civil or criminal.
Opinions or points of view expressed on this site represent a consensus of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.