The number of men and women under correctional supervision remains a key area of concern and research for NIJ. As the research and evaluation arm of the Department of Justice, NIJ is committed to empirically exploring issues of interest for the field of corrections.
- The Fight Against Rampant Gun Violence: Data-Driven Scientific Research Will Light the Way
- CrimeSolutions - The Evidence-Based Guide for Justice Agencies in Search of Practices and Programs that Really Work
- NIJ’s Courts Research: Examining Alternatives to Incarceration for Veterans and Other Policy Innovation
- Pathways to Desistance From Crime Among Juveniles and Adults: Applications to Criminal Justice Policy and Practice
- International Perspectives and Lessons Learned on Desistance (Executive Summary)
- Pathways to Desistance From Crime Among Juveniles and Adults: Applications to Criminal Justice Policy and Practice (Executive Summary)
The first step in knowing what to do is knowing what works … and what hasn’t.