NIJ has released two forensics solicitations:
- "NIJ FY23 Research and Evaluation for the Testing and Interpretation of Physical Evidence in Publicly Funded Forensic Laboratories."
- Step 1: Application Grants.gov Deadline: April 26, 2023 11:59 PM ET
- Step 2: Application JustGrants Deadline: May 03, 2023 8:59 PM ET
- "NIJ FY23 Research and Development in Forensic Science for Criminal Justice Purposes."
- Step 1: Application Grants.gov Deadline: April 19, 2023 11:59 PM ET
- Step 2: Application JustGrants Deadline: April 26, 2023 8:59 PM ET
Forensic science is the application of sciences such as physics, chemistry, biology, computer science and engineering to matters of law.
NIJ’s forensic science research and development program focuses on basic and applied scientific research with the intent to:
- Direct the findings of basic scientific research in broader scientific fields applicable to forensic science.
- Apply forensic science research to the development of highly discriminating, accurate, reliable, cost-effective, rapid methods for the identification, analysis and interpretation of physical evidence.
- Expand the scientific basis of forensic methods.
- Produce useful materials, devices, systems or methods that have the potential for forensic application.
- Increase the body of knowledge to guide and inform forensic science policy and practice.
On this page, find links to articles, awards, events, publications, and multimedia related to forensic sciences.
Listen to Just Science Podcast!
NIJ's Forensic Science Technology Center of Excellence presents Just Science, a podcast for forensic science professionals.