Welcome to the Firearm Examiner Training website. Information addressed in this interactive training program is delivered in fifteen modules.
If you are a first-time user, it is recommended you pay particular attention to the next few paragraphs to familiarize yourself with the method of instruction.
Opinions or points of view expressed in this report represent a consensus of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.
Taking the Course
Continuing Education Credits
The agencies of the DNA Initiative do not provide continuing education credit for any online courses.
Starting the course. Select the top link in the navigation on the right.
Navigating the course. We recommend you go through the course page-by-page using the Forward and Back buttons at the bottom of the page. You may skip around and select a lesson using the navigation on the right—select the module title to reveal all of the lessons and pages in that module.
Additional Online Courses
- What Every First Responding Officer Should Know About DNA Evidence
- Collecting DNA Evidence at Property Crime Scenes
- DNA – A Prosecutor’s Practice Notebook
- Crime Scene and DNA Basics
- Laboratory Safety Programs
- DNA Amplification
- Population Genetics and Statistics
- Non-STR DNA Markers: SNPs, Y-STRs, LCN and mtDNA
- Firearms Examiner Training
- Forensic DNA Education for Law Enforcement Decisionmakers
- What Every Investigator and Evidence Technician Should Know About DNA Evidence
- Principles of Forensic DNA for Officers of the Court
- Law 101: Legal Guide for the Forensic Expert
- Laboratory Orientation and Testing of Body Fluids and Tissues
- DNA Extraction and Quantitation
- STR Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Communication Skills, Report Writing, and Courtroom Testimony
- Español for Law Enforcement
- Amplified DNA Product Separation for Forensic Analysts