Through the funding of rigorous research, NIJ is committed to assisting with the detection and prosecution of human traffickers. NIJ-funded research projects focus on:
- The nature and extent of human trafficking
- Detecting and investigating traffickers
- Prosecuting traffickers
- Services for trafficking victims.
- Crime Victim Legal Assistance Networks: Evaluating a New Service Model
- For Human Trafficking Survivors, Justice Is More About Healing and Preventing Future Trafficking
- Study Revealed Safe Harbor Laws Increased Protections for Sex-Trafficked Youth, Identified Needs for Agency Support and Judicial Training