NIJ funds research on human trafficking and evaluation of promising practices. The overall emphasis for NIJ’s research lies on:
- Strengthening the science of measuring the prevalence of human trafficking
- Preventing trafficking
- Improving the identification, investigation, and prosecution of traffickers
- Identifying best practices for identifying and providing services to victims.
While NIJ focuses on human trafficking as it occurs in the United States, it draws on research findings from around the world. On this page, find links to articles, awards, events, publications, and multimedia related to human trafficking.
- Developing and Implementing Collaborative Responses in Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice Settings to Support Children and Youth Who Have Experienced Commercial Sexual Exploitation
- National Institute of Justice Fiscal Year 2019 Annual Report
- Understanding, Preventing, and Responding to Human Trafficking