NIJ’s American Indian and Alaska Native Travel Scholarship Program Scholars discuss:
- Why they applied to the program.
- Which conference they chose to attend and why.
- Why representation of American Indian and Alaska Native is important in the field of criminal justice.
- What conference sessions they chose to attend and which they found most interesting.
- How they want to contribute to the fields of tribal and criminal justice.
The Federal Communications Commission delivered the National Broadband Plan in March 2010. As part of the plan, the FCC proposed a strategy for implementing a national public safety broadband network that would allow public safety responders anywhere in the nation to send and receive critical voice, video and data to save lives, reduce injuries, and prevent acts of crime and terror. How this strategy is implemented will have a significant impact on criminal justice and other public safety agencies nationwide, both with respect to operational capability and to resources.