Financial abuse is a common strategy used by those who abuse to gain power and control. The first panelist will discuss how intimate partner violence intersects with economic justice. In the second panelist's presentation, intimate partner violence shelter approaches and housing policies will be addressed. The final panelist will discuss the impact of COVID-19 on economic security and survivors’ experiences of economic hardship.
- Have an understanding of the intersection of intimate partner violence and economic justice.
- Recognize tactics of financial abuse.
- To further an understanding of the interconnection between intimate partner violence and homelessness.
- Review intimate partner violence shelter approaches and broader housing policies.
- Identify opportunities and challenges presented by different models.
- Review the past literature on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the economic security of survivors of intimate partner violence.
- Report on survivors’ experiences of economic hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic and associations between economic hardship, sociodemographic characteristics, experiences of intimate partner violence, and protective factors.
See event page.