This presentation introduces research conducted in Uganda at the nexus of forensic science and transitional justice, highlighting a large-scale forensic investigation and human identification capacity-building workshop for Ugandan stakeholders.
Detailed Learning Objectives:
- Learn about modern Ugandan conflicts and the need to bolster forensic capabilities to meet the challenges of the forthcoming National Transitional Justice Policy.
- Learn about the challenges to articulate the application of forensic investigation with community needs in large-scale, post-conflict contexts.
- Learn about the forensic investigation and human identification capacity-building workshop conducted in Kampala for Ugandan practitioners, government officials, and non-governmental (NGO) members.
If you have questions about this course or difficulty with login or registration, contact the Forensic Science Technology Center of Excellence.
- 2019 National Opioid and Emerging Drug Threats Policy and Practice Forum 2019
- Probabilistic Genotyping of Evidentiary DNA Typing Results - Module 3: Probabilistic Genotyping Software and Output
- Probabilistic Genotyping of Evidentiary DNA Typing Results - Module 2: Statistical Genetics and the Mechanisms of Probabalistic Genotyping