With this solicitation, NIJ, in collaboration with the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), seeks proposals for rigorous research and evaluation projects that inform policy and practice in the field of juvenile justice. Specifically, this solicitation seeks proposals for studies that advance knowledge and understanding in the following three categories:
- Research and evaluation of legislative and administrative policy changes affecting youth involved in the justice system. Applicants must address one or more of the following three specified juvenile justice issues:
- Providing community-based alternatives to youth incarceration, with a focus on very high need/risk youth who have traditionally been held securely.
- Sealing and expungement of juvenile justice records.
- Reducing racial and ethnic disparities in the juvenile justice system.
- Research to assess dual system youth data capacity and service delivery across juvenile justice and child welfare systems.
- Analysis on the use of the valid court order exception.
Number of Awards: 3
Total Amount Awarded: $3,962,281