Operation of a Resource Outreach Center (ROC) for Major City/County and State Criminal Justice Agencies (those having 50 or more sworn personnel), resulting in a "stream-lined" NLECTC Regional System, with staff distributed across the nation, working from "virtual" offices. This approach provides more value for less cost by optimizing regional outreach from a centralized, coordinated source, and realizes cost efficiencies through the elimination of redundant operation. It also leverages Lockheed Martins current operation of NLECTC-National, which currently provides overarching support to the Regional Centers.
- Consolidation of existing subject-matter expertise within the system to maintain continuity of operations as well as refocusing advisory group efforts on regional advocacy and technology needs/requirements development.
- Provision of greater access to a broader constituency base through the development of a single, system-wide marketing strategy tailored to meet specific constituent needs and the implementation of innovative, cost-effective Web-based tools to allow for feedback from constituents regarding marketing strategy efficacy.
- Identification and incorporation of region-specific needs into NIJ's RDT&E process while at the same time maintaining a focus on the needs of small/rural and specialized agencies, thus building new partnerships and enhancing existing ones.
- Coordination of regionally based NIJ Research and Development (R&D) expos (i.e., technology fairs) to receive feedback on projects and build new partnerships.
- Offering an expanded slate of national and regional law enforcement, corrections and forensics conferences and trade shows, collaborating with the CoEs to showcase their R&D projects at these events. ca/ncf