Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2008, $250,306)
The Washington State Patrol has partnered with the Innocence Project Northwest (IPNW) for this program. There are an estimated 200 case files at IPNW that have yet to be reviewed and an additional 145 inmate requests above and beyond those. The proposal estimates that approximately 24 cases will reach the analysis phase.
The three (3) phases to the proposed plan are:
1. Paralegals with the IPNW will perform the case review.
2. A Forensic Scientist 3 will be hired to perform analysis on the cases which will be reviewed by the technical leader of the WSP lab.
3. Contractual funds have been set aside for any YSTR or mitochondrial DNA analysis that may need done.
- Improving Outcomes for Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking Victims: A Phased Evaluation of the LOVE146 Victim Services Program
- Trends and New Directions in the Law Enforcement Response to the Sex Trafficking of Minors: A Nationally Representative Study
- Victims of Technology-Facilitated Abuse: Prevalence, Awareness, Dynamics, Help-seeking and Reporting