This program is based on scientific principles and established, nationally recognized, standards of death investigation and forensic pathology. It addresses a critical need for training of Medical Legal Death Investigators in the United States. This course is one of multiple modules of Death Investigation Training available as separate courses through the University of North Dakota's Office of Extended Learning.
- Recognize how cultural/religious concerns impact their work.
- Have a basic understanding of funeral customs of numerous cultures and religions.
- Work with the family and local community to ensure the deceased is treated with cultural and religious integrity.
- Understand how they can adapt their procedures as possible to maintain religious/cultural integrity.
Students will receive CME's upon completion of any one or more of the training courses. This training program is eligible for the following continuing education credits:
- AMA PRA Category 1™
- American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI)
- Police Officer Standards & Training (POST) - North Dakota and Minnesota