With this solicitation, NIJ seeks proposals to host a Criminal Justice Technology Testing and Evaluation Center. The Center will provide testing, evaluation, and other activities to support the safety, effectiveness, efficiency, and efficacy of technologies in use or adaptable by criminal justice and juvenile justice communities. The Center will inform NIJ’s research and development efforts as well as NIJ’s stakeholders, including criminal justice practitioners, policymakers, researchers, federal partners, and private industry, by:
- Conducting secondary research on technologies and technology implementation for potential use by criminal justice communities;
- Performing experimental testing and evaluation on technologies to inform potential adoption by criminal justice agencies;
- Conducting experimental or rigorous quasi-experimental research and evaluation of technology implementation by criminal justice agencies;
- Administering the NIJ Compliance Testing Program (CTP); and
- Supporting the development, validation, and maintenance of criminal justice equipment standards. This program furthers the Department’s mission by sponsoring research to provide objective, independent, evidence-based knowledge and tools to meet the challenges of crime and justice, particularly at the state and local levels.
Number of Awards: 1
Total Amount Awarded: $3,500,000