With this funding opportunity, NIJ seeks review and revalidate on an annual basis the risk assessment tool developed in response to the First Step Act (FSA). The risk assessment tool, the Prisoner Assessment Tool Targeting Estimated Risk and Needs (PATTERN), will be implemented and used by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) to predict the likelihood of general and violent recidivism for all BOP inmates.
NIJ anticipates selecting multiple respondents to serve as consultants. The consultants will work as a team to address the FSA mandates. Only successful respondents will receive information about other consultants selected.
The narrative should not exceed 25 double-spaced pages, in 12-point font, with 1-inch margins.
To be considered timely, a submission must be emailed by the deadline to the following email address: [email protected]rincorporated.com
These items are critical and must be included in a consultant’s formal response:
- Curriculum vitae or resume (consultant and support staff, as needed),
- List of additional support staff,
- List of any previous and current NIJ awards to the consultant, and
- Research and Evaluation Independence and Integrity statement.
Respondents will be expected to assist DOJ in completing tasks specified in FSA Section 3631. PATTERN must be reviewed and revalidated on an annual basis for up to 5 years. Respondents should provide a project plan that includes activities for the timeframe required to meet FSA requirements.
The annual revalidation will be based on the calendar year.
Budgets are not required at this stage. NIJ will discuss cost factors and budget with the successful respondents.
No. The 25-page limit only applies to the narrative.
- NIJ FY06 Modeling and Simulation Research and Development: Software for Improved Operations, Operational Modeling, Speech-to-Text Recognition, and Training Technologies
- Research and Evaluation in Safety, Health, and Wellness in Criminal Justice System, Fiscal Year 2020
- Investigator-Initiated Research and Evaluation of Firearms Violence, Fiscal Year 2020