With this solicitation, NIJ seeks applications for funding of multidisciplinary research projects addressing any of these five topics:
- Resiliency and Recovery of Law Enforcement agencies from Singular, Extreme Traumatic Events.
- Impact of Organizational Stressors on Officer Health and Wellness.
- Effects of Pre-Career Interventions and Subsequent Reminders in Modulating Mental, Physical, and Social Responses to Stressors in Law Enforcement Officers.
- Community Hostility, Officer Health, and Effects on Policing.
- Understanding the Increased Rate of Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
All five topics, in varying degrees, lend themselves to a mixed-method approach involving a combination of the measurement of behavioral, psychological, biological, and physiological responses. Additionally, all five topics lend themselves to multidisciplinary research from behavioral science, neuroscience, operations research, and the social science communities
All of the Uniform Crime Reporting Program data are publicly available from the ICPSR/NACJD websites, and there is no IRB approval or other application process needed for access. Researchers only need to create a free ICPSR account to access data files.