Find Fiscal Year 2020 Awards
This page presents award data for this solicitation through September 23, 2020. On October 15, 2020, the Office of Justice Programs (OJP) will transition to the Justice Grants System (JustGrants) for all grants management activities. Until that time, the awards list below will not be updated. View the latest award data on an alternative site..
With this solicitation, NIJ seeks applications for funding of multidisciplinary research projects addressing any of these five topics:
- Resiliency and Recovery of Law Enforcement agencies from Singular, Extreme Traumatic Events.
- Impact of Organizational Stressors on Officer Health and Wellness.
- Effects of Pre-Career Interventions and Subsequent Reminders in Modulating Mental, Physical, and Social Responses to Stressors in Law Enforcement Officers.
- Community Hostility, Officer Health, and Effects on Policing.
- Understanding the Increased Rate of Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
All five topics, in varying degrees, lend themselves to a mixed-method approach involving a combination of the measurement of behavioral, psychological, biological, and physiological responses. Additionally, all five topics lend themselves to multidisciplinary research from behavioral science, neuroscience, operations research, and the social science communities
Number of Awards: 3
Total Amount Awarded: $2,262,571
Adverse Impacts of Organizational Stress on Officer Health and Wellness: Causes, Correlates, and Mitigation
Identification and Mitigation of Robust Organizational Stressors and Mediators on Correctional Officer Health and Wellness
Police Organizational Stress: Impacts on Long-term Health and Wellness and Opportunities for Mitigation
All of the Uniform Crime Reporting Program data are publicly available from the ICPSR/NACJD websites, and there is no IRB approval or other application process needed for access. Researchers only need to create a free ICPSR account to access data files.