Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2015, $160,583)
The New Hampshire State Police Forensic Laboratory (NHSPFL) is the sole provider of forensic services in the State of New Hampshire. As such, the laboratory performs all serology and DNA analyses in association with criminal investigations in the state, and also is responsible for the analysis and entry of offender and casework samples into the CODIS database.
Like all other states, the NHSPFL is facing increased budgetary constraints. The Federal funding from this award will be used for the following goals:
1. Reducing the forensic biology case backlog and maintain or improve the current turnaround times through analyst overtime and purchasing supplies.
2. Reducing the DNA database sample backlog.
3. Providing the required continuing education and proficiency tests for analysts.
It is expected that the NHSPFL will analyze a minimum of 300 forensic biology cases and 800 database samples utilizing grant funds, and maintain its compliance with the FBI's DNA Quality Assurance Standards.
- Trends in Arrests and Investigative Techniques of Technology-Facilitated Child Sexual Exploitation Crimes: The 4th National Juvenile Online Victimization Study
- Enhancements to the Medical Examiner''s Office in preparation for accreditation by The National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME)
- Financial Exploitation Intervention Team Evaluability Assessment