Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2009, $2,030,411)
Support Operations of the regional centers of National Law Enforcement and Corrections Technology Center system. NLECTC's support the Office of Science and Technology (OS&T) research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) process by supporting the adoption of new technologies for use by state and local law enforcement agencies. Regional NLECTCs will assist in the identification of state and local criminal justice agency technology needs and operational requirements; testing, demonstrating, and evaluating new technologies emerging from the OS&T R&D cycle to assist state and local agencies with their procurement activities; and providing capacity building and technology assistance to the public safety community, ensuring that:
· law enforcement, corrections agencies, public crime laboratories, and court-related agencies in the proposed region(s) have the greatest access to the latest relevant scientific and technology-related information in the most economical manner possible, leveraging the other resources of the NLECTC System.
· Ensuring that region-specific technology needs are identified for incorporation into the NIJ RDT&E process.
· Coordinating NIJ-sponsored demonstration, test, and evaluation activities within the region(s).
· Providing general technology assistance to law enforcement and corrections agencies, public crime laboratories, and court-related agencies within the region(s).
- Experimental and numerical investigations for the development and validation of thermo-chemistry models and property databases for selected wall lining materials under fire exposure
- Pivoting Headspace Ethanol Analysis to Accommodate Modern Day Scenarios
- Developing a Portable and Fast Opioid Assessment Tool for Improved Field Decision-Making