The webinar will introduce those laboratory managers with fire debris analysis sections to the nuances of fire debris analysis. This is part of the ASCLD Train the Director Webinar Series.
The differences to most crime scenes and a fire scene will be discussed along with the fire’s effect on other potential evidence. The instrumentation required, the extraction procedure, the potential interferences, the analyst qualifications, and issues with interpretation and reporting will be covered. The key references and standards necessary for training a competent fire debris analyst will be provided.
Detailed Learning Objectives:
- The attendee will understand the challenges faced in fire debris analysis.
- The attendee will understand strategies for mitigating those challenges.
- The attendee will be able to assess and guide the development of fire debris analysts.
If you have questions about this course or difficulty with login or registration, contact the Forensic Science Technology Center of Excellence.
- 2019 National Opioid and Emerging Drug Threats Policy and Practice Forum 2019
- Probabilistic Genotyping of Evidentiary DNA Typing Results - Module 3: Probabilistic Genotyping Software and Output
- Probabilistic Genotyping of Evidentiary DNA Typing Results - Module 2: Statistical Genetics and the Mechanisms of Probabalistic Genotyping