The NIJ Journal presents research-based information that can help inform policy decisions and improve understanding of the criminal justice system.
Each issue of the NIJ Journal will now focus on a single theme, allowing the articles to dive into one specific topic from different scientific points of view. In this issue, our scientists have partnered to share some of the latest evidence and thinking about issues within institutional corrections.
- Reflections on Colorado's Administrative Segregation Study, by Maureen O'Keefe
- Hidden Consequences: The Impact of Incarceration on Dependent Children, by Eric Martin
- Identifying At-Risk Officers: Can It Be Done in Corrections?, by Jack Harne
- The Role of Equipment Performance Standards in Correctional Settings, by Jack Harne and Mark Greene
- Identifying Technology Needs and Innovations to Advance Corrections, by Jack Harne
- The Importance of a Holistic Safety, Health, and Wellness Research Program, Cara Altimus, William Ford, Brett Chapman, and George Tillery
- Harnessing the Power of Technology in Institutional Corrections, by Nancy La Vigne
Production: Palladian Partners, Inc.
- Beth Pearsall, Managing Editor
- Amy Schneider, Production Editor
- Simon Fong, Art Director
- Adam Goldfine, Senior Designer