The NIJ Journal presents research-based information that can help inform policy decisions and improve understanding of the criminal justice system.
In this issue find:
- Helping At-Risk Youth Say "No" to Gangs, by Brian Higgins
- Plan for Program Evaluation from the Start, by Alison Brooks Martin
- Magneto-Optical Sensors Bring Obliterated Serial Numbers Back to Life, by Jim Dawson
- An Inside Look at Creating Standards for Equipment, by Sarah B. Berson
- Social Science Research on Forensic Science: The Story Behind One of NIJ’s Newest Research Portfolios, by Kathy Browning
- GPS Supervision in California: One Technology, Two Contrasting Goals, by Stephen Gies
- Research Designs in the Real World: Testing the Effectiveness of an IPV Intervention, by Jill Theresa Messing, Jacquelyn Campbell and Janet Sullivan Wilson
NIJ Journal Editorial Board
- Thomas E. Feucht, Ph.D.
- Lee A. Mockensturm
- Angela Moore, Ph.D.
- Marilyn Moses
- Nancy Ritter
- George Tillery
- Cheryl Crawford Watson
Editor-in-Chief: Jolene Hernon
Production: Palladian Partners, Inc.
- Beth Pearsall, Managing Editor
- Sarah Berson, Consulting Editor
- Amy Schneider, Production Editor
- Robert Walker, Jr., Designer
- Yue Xu, Designer