U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government, Department of Justice.

Dot gov

The .gov means it’s official.
Federal government websites always use a .gov or .mil domain. Before sharing sensitive information online, make sure you’re on a .gov or .mil site by inspecting your browser’s address (or “location”) bar.

Https

The site is secure.
The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

Hawaii HOPE — Survey of the General Perceptions of Stakeholder Groups

Description

Five stakeholder groups were surveyed about their general perceptions of HOPE.

  • Probation officers: Nearly 90 percent responded that their overall perception of the program was positive and the remaining responded that it was satisfactory.
  • Judges: More than 85 percent responded that their overall perception of the program was positive and the remaining that it was satisfactory.
  • Prosecutors: Slightly less than 20 percent responded that their overall perception of the program was positive, slightly less than 60 percent that it was satisfactory and more than 20 percent that it was negative.
  • Public defenders: About 55 percent responded that their overall perception of the program was positive, slightly less than 30 percent that it was satisfactory and just less than 20 percent that it was negative.
  • Court administrators: 20 percent responded that their overall perception of the program was positive, 30 percent that it was satisfactory and 50 percent that it was negative.

Note: data are from the key stakeholder surveys. Sample sizes are: Prosecutors (n=12), Public Defenders (n=11), Judges (n=7), Probation Officers in the Adult Client Services Division (n=18), Probation Officers in the Integrated Community Sanctions Unit (n=20), and Court Employees (n=11). Data reflect responses to the question "What is your general perception of HOPE probation?"