Grants.gov Deadline: June 03, 2021 11:59 PM
Application JustGrants Deadline: June 10, 2021 11:59 PM
NIJ plans to seek proposals from qualified applicants to establish and operate a Forensic Technology Center of Excellence (FTCOE) to support NIJ’s research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E) process and technology transition activities in all areas of forensic science. The FTCOE should focus on specific efforts to include, but not limited to:
- Providing scientific and technical support to NIJ’s forensic science research, development, and technology transition efforts.
- Facilitating demonstration, testing, evaluation, transfer, and adoption of appropriate technology into practice by crime laboratories, medical examiner/coroner offices, law enforcement, and other criminal justice agencies and forensic science service providers.
- Providing technology transition assistance, knowledge transfer, and support to forensic science researchers and practitioners.
- Developing and providing access to resources for research dissemination, education, and evidence-based best practices in the forensic science and criminal justice communities.
- Working closely with NIJ program managers to assess and communicate the impact of forensic science RDT&E, evidence-based best practices, and systems-based approaches for the criminal justice system.
- Develop national forensic science library services to identify, curate, and make available scholarly literature relevant to the forensic science research and practitioner community.