Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2014, $215,035)
The Harris County Sheriffs Office, Operation Cold case proposes four (4) major objectives:
1. Provide overtime compensation for careful case review.
2. Provide a methodical and systematic approach to case review.
3. Access external resources such as:
a. The Harris County District Attorneys Office (HCDA).
b. The Harris County Institute of Forensic Science (HCIFS).
4. Ensure proper programmatic and financial oversight.
To accomplish this goal, cold cases will first be prioritized based on their likelihood to yield biological evidence, solvability and prosecutability. The HCDA will assist as needed in determining prosecutability. Cases will then be carefully reviewed and promising evidence will be delivered to the HCIFS for further processing, the results of which will be entered into CODIS and "hits" shall be relayed to the HCDA and the Sheriff's Office. ca/ncf
- Delinquency and Crime from Adolescence Through Young Adulthood: The Crossroads Study
- Delinquent and Criminal Behaviors of Parents and Their Adolescent Children: A Prospective Intergenerational Study of Children of Former Juvenile Offenders
- A Formative Evaluation and Evaluability Assessment of a Juvenile Corrections Executive Leadership Training