Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2017, $65,800)
The St. Charles County Police Department Criminalistics Laboratory (SCCPDCL) provides forensic DNA analysis services to the law enforcement community of St. Charles County, Missouri.
The SCCPDCL has seen an increase in DNA evidence submitted as DNA evidence continues to be more prevalent and valuable to criminal investigations. As a result, the SCCPDCL is committed to using efficient and reliable methodologies and supplies to analyze the varied forensic DNA samples submitted. Funding analyst overtime is a proven way for the SCCPDCL to reduce its DNA backlog and improve the timeliness of forensic DNA testing it provides.
The SCCPDCL will use grant funds to enhance its DNA testing capacity and reduce its DNA backlog by providing overtime for analysts and purchasing DNA testing supplies. The SCCSDCL anticipates working 400 additional DNA cases during the program period as a result of program funding. The two major goals of this program are:
1) Reduce the DNA backlog by 10% through analyst overtime and the purchase of supplies.
2) Reduce the average turnaround time to less than 200 days by funding analyst overtime.
Achievement of these goals will increase the overall productivity and efficiency of the SCCPDCL - positively impacting the investigations and prosecutions of all laboratory cases, especially those with DNA evidence. This program will also strengthen the SCCPDCLs commitment to the law enforcement agencies it serves.
- Investigating the Effectiveness of the School Security Climate on Student Connectedness and School Performance
- Delinquent and Criminal Behaviors of Parents and Their Adolescent Children: A Prospective Intergenerational Study of Children of Former Juvenile Offenders
- Trends in Arrests and Investigative Techniques of Technology-Facilitated Child Sexual Exploitation Crimes: The 4th National Juvenile Online Victimization Study