Development of A Comprehensive Genetic Tool for Identification of Cannabis Sativa Samples for Forensic and Intelligence Purposes
Development of Modern Microcrystal Tests for Controlled Drugs, Diverted Pharmaceuticals and Bath Salts
The Application of Gold Nanoparticles for the Trace Detection of Synthetic Cannabinoids in Saliva and Urine by Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy
NIJ’s American Indian and Alaska Native Travel Scholarship Program Scholars discuss:
- Why they applied to the program.
- Which conference they chose to attend and why.
- Why representation of American Indian and Alaska Native is important in the field of criminal justice.
- What conference sessions they chose to attend and which they found most interesting.
- How they want to contribute to the fields of tribal and criminal justice.
Lieutenant Piotrowski, New Jersey State Police, discusses drug monitoring programs. With this program, his agency collects multiple drug-related data sets to ultimately have an impact on mitigating the impact of drugs in his community. Topics include the benefits of implementing a drug monitoring program, some of the outcomes of the program, and how federal funding can help an agency start such a program.
Lieutenant Piotrowski participated in an NIJ Day panel at the 2019 International Association of Chiefs of Police Conference and Expo.