Submission period closed
Thank you to everyone who submitted to present at this year's IACA. Final decisions will be made the week of May 24, 2021. NIJ will notify only winning proposals.
NIJ and the International Association of Crime Analysts have joined forces. NIJ typically offers a number of research panels at the annual IACA Conference. This year's conference will be held August 23-27, 2021, in Las Vegas, NV.
NIJ again is hosting a call for presentations competition to find the most innovative ideas and cutting edge research that will help make this conference a success.
Panels at the IACA Conference are 60 minutes. You can choose to submit either a 60 minute presentation/workshop or a 20 minute presentation that will be part of a panel with up to two other presenters. Your materials should present the innovative use of geographic information systems and spatial data analysis for research, policy evaluation or development, or testing theory that has practical applications. Regardless of the number of authors contributing to a presentation, only one person per submission will be accepted. Only that person will be funded to attend the conference to give the presentation.
- NIJ is unable to provide international travel.
- Current NIJ grantees should use grant funds to travel to the IACA Conference.
- Travel reimbursements are subject to the availability of appropriated funds and to any modifications or additional requirements that may be imposed by law.
- NIJ-sponsored presenters should only contact NIJ or our approved travel provider with questions. IACA is only handling the travel of their own presenters.
Submitting Your Proposal
All submission forms must be received by April 30, 2021, 11:59 pm EDT.
Submissions are only accepted electronically.
To submit your application:
- Download and complete the submission form (pdf, 4 pages).
- Send your application to [email protected].
Final decisions will be made the week of May 24, 2021. NIJ will notify only winning proposals.