Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2018, $363,474)
The state of Delaware has seen an increase in the number of cases submitted to the DFS-DNA unit for DNA analysis. Although the caseload has increased, the
amount of resources has not. There is a backlog of cases in the unit as a result. With the funds from this project, the following goals will be achieved:
1. Reducing the forensic DNA case backlog through the purchasing of new equipment and supplies.
2. Reducing the DNA database sample backlog through the purchasing of new equipment and supplies.
3. Providing the required continuing education for each analyst.
The Delaware Department of Forensic Science DNA Unit can expect to reduce the DNA case backlog by at least 175 cases by the end of the award period. The
agency also expects to work at least 1,200 DNA database samples using Federal funding. The turnaround time is expected to be reduced to 60 days or less, and the
analyst throughput in the casework sections is expected to increase. NCA/NCF
- Investigating the Effectiveness of the School Security Climate on Student Connectedness and School Performance
- Enhancements to the Medical Examiner''s Office in preparation for accreditation by The National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME)
- Douglas County, Nebraska Sexual Assault Kit Research Project