Description of original award (Fiscal Year 2016, $1,712,468)
The Michigan State Police requests FY 2016 Forensic DNA Backlog Reduction Program funding to assist the Forensic Science Division (FSD) in reducing the statewide backlog of DNA casework awaiting analysis and to increase the capacity of its DNA and Database laboratories. The requested funding will be used to:
(1) continue payroll support for laboratory personnel;
(2) provide limited overtime for backlog reduction.
DNA analysis conducted under this program will be maintained pursuant to all applicable federal privacy requirements. All eligible profiles obtained with funding from this program will be entered into the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) and uploaded to the National DNA Index System (NDIS), when applicable. Participating laboratories will follow the NDIS DNA Data Acceptance Standards for all profiles uploaded to NDIS. nca/ncf
- Molecularly Imprinted Polymer-Modified Microelectrode Arrays for Rapid In-Field Analysis of Trace Illicit Substances in Oral Fluid
- Utilizing eDNA from Four Biological Taxa Associated with Geologic Evidence for Sample-to-Sample Comparisons and Study Site Separation
- Isotope Analysis of Modern Remains in Forensics: Optimizing Sample Preparation Methods for Accurate and Reliable Carbonate and Collagen Isotope Analysis