NIJ administers the funding programs to enhance and assist forensic labs in multiple areas.
General information, based on the most recent year's solicitation, is provided for each program. Be sure to read carefully any current solicitation applying to any of these programs.
- DNA Capacity Enhancement and Backlog Reduction Program
- Forensic DNA Laboratory Efficiency Improvement and Capacity Enhancement Program
- Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program
- Postconviction DNA Testing Assistance Program
- Research and Evaluation in Publicly Funded Forensic Laboratories
- Sexual Assault Forensic Evidence-Inventory, Tracking, and Reporting Program Grant Program
- Strengthening the Medical Examiner-Coroner System Grant Program
Read summaries of forensic funding for past years: