780 Mission St
San Francisco, CA
Notice on Panel Times
The times listed above are ET. Local times (PT) for each panel are listed below.
Again this year we are hosting an NIJ Day at the annual American Society of Criminology's Annual Conference. NIJ Day panels include:
- NIJ Study on Improving Our Understanding Of Gun Violence - 8:00 to 9:20 a.m.
- Charting A Way Forward: An Early Review of the Implementation of the FIRST STEP Act and An Overview of Next Steps - 9:30 to 10:50 a.m
- Multi-site Studies of Risk and Needs Assessments in Juvenile Justice - 12:30 to 1:50 p.m.
- CSSI Research on the Impact of Emergency Preparedness on School Safety - 2:00 to 3:20 p.m.
- Studies of State-level Juvenile Justice System Improvement Efforts - 3:30 to 4:50 p.m.
In addition to the NIJ Day panels, NIJ staff and grantees will participate in the following panels:
Wednesday, November 13
- School Police and Student Experiences in Central Texas – Findings from a School Safety Study - 8:00 to 9:20 a.m.; Marriott, Juniper, B2 Level
- Measuring the Impact of Federal Legislation and Programs Funded Under Them: The Case of the Violence Against Women Act - 9:30 to 10:50 a.m.; Marriott, Foothill G1, 2nd Level
- Preventing and Addressing Domestic/Intimate Partner Violence Perpetration - 11:00 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.; Marriott, Pacific I, 4th Level
- School Violence and Safety Tip Lines - 11:00 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.; Marriott, Pacific C, 4th Level
- Ethically, Responsibly, and Rigorously Measuring the Efficacy and Effectiveness of the VAWA -12:30 to 1:50 p.m.; Marriott, Golden Gate Salon B, Area 2, B2 Level
- Findings from the National Sexual Assault Kit Initiative (SAKI) & Sexual Assault Justice Initiative (SAJI) Evaluations - 3:30 to 4:50 p.m.; Marriott, Foothill F, 2nd Level
- Researcher-Practitioner Partnerships: Working Towards Making the Criminal Justice System’s Response to Violence Against Women Efficient and Effective - 5:00 to 6:20 p.m.; Marriott, Foothill B, 2nd Level
Thursday, November 14
- NIJ’s Reducing Violent Crime Strategic Plan - 11:00 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.; Marriott, Golden Gate Salon B, Area 4, B2 Level
- National Institute of Justice’s Teen Dating Violence Research Portfolio - 2:00 to 3:20 p.m.; Marriott, Pacific A, 4th Level
Friday, November 15 (in addition to NIJ Day)
- Drugs and Crime in the United States and Korea - 9:30 to 10:50 a.m.; Marriott, Soma, Area 2, 2nd Level
- Violence Against Women: Studying the Emerging Issue of Female - Genital Mutilation and Cutting - 11:00 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.; Marriott, Foothill E, 2nd Level
- Violence Against Women Act - Federal Investment in Prevention, Intervention, Research, and Evaluation - 12:30 to 1:50 p.m.; Marriott, Nob Hill C, Lower B2 Level
- Methods’ Issues in Rating the Effects of Social Programs: Beyond Study Design - 12:30 to 1:50 p.m.; Marriott, Soma, Area 2, 2nd Level
- Toward Evidence-Based Approaches to Prevent and Reduce Gang Violence and Involvement - 3:30 to 4:50 p.m.; Marriott, Salon 11, Lower B2 Level